Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Still Cold, but no wandering today!

My meeting today went well with the GCM team. I love to hear how God empowers and equips people to do ministry all over the world. So often it is personal relationships that motivate and challenge us to carry out God's plan. The apartment that we met in was in an area where the buildings are only about 3 - 5 stories high. It felt like we were in Europe or way outside of Kyiv, not just a few minutes walk from the metro station. I'm so glad to be part of the body of Christ!

And, I am happy to report that I had no issues tonight with walking in the right direction and getting on the right bus (mashrutka) to come home. It is still pretty cold out, although much warmer than last night, and continuing to warm up for tomorrow as well! Yipee!

I started reading through the Bible this year. While reading through Genesis 16 about Hagar it struck me that when God told her to go back to Abraham and Sarah's house she obeyed and went. It had to be very difficult. But she encounters God. God saw her situation, just as He sees each of our situations too. God had perfect clarity about what was going on in her life. It also reminds me that I am the object of God's gracious attention. I have written in my Bible: turn to God, Submit to God, Trust God to work out His plan.

As I read this passage, it was a great reminder for me as I'm in Ukraine to continue to turn to Him, submit and then trust Him.

No comments: