Wednesday, December 31, 2008

complete and utter dependence


I am finding myself in a place that is hard to be, but a good and necessary place. As I look at 2009 I realize my complete and utter dependence on God. So often it is easy to feel self-reliant and 'in control' in our culture. But, today as I look back I see God' provision and His direction. I am grateful in His protection and His discipline - both for things I understand and things I do not.

For many who are praying for my upcoming trip to Ukraine, I have postponed my departure by a couple of weeks to allow friends traveling to return, additional funds to be raised and finalizing travel plans. I am hoping to leave the last week of January. Please pray with me for God's continued provision as well as His perfect timing.

Wishing you many blessings in 2009!

No comments: