Friday, July 3, 2009

Torn between 2 countries...

So... tonight I'm riding my bike on the White Pine Trail. One of my favorite things to do on a gorgeous Michigan summer evening and I'm thinking about stuff... I'm wondering how do I adequately explain to people here that there is always a longing in my heart to go to Ukraine but that I still love people and things here too.

This hits really hard sometimes. Especially with my niece and nephew. Do they know how much I love them even though every part of my being is compelled to go across the ocean? Do they understand that I long to hear their voices in person and not always on a broken phone line but that I need to go... That I treasure the memories of birthdays and holidays spent together, but that I am happy and have peace when I am gone too.

And, even others. Friends and family in both the US and Ukraine. Do they all understand that I miss the ones I am not with? Maybe some do, but I think many struggle with this...

I cannot think too long about this. I simply pray for understanding and that I'll make the most of every moment that I have, both here and in Ukraine.

1 comment:

Brad Klaver said...

Amy-

Came across your blog today and this post struck me right where I am at. The tension you live in right now is all too familiar to me right at this moment. God has been teaching me a lot lately about his family and how it all relates with these longings we have. I will be praying for you that God would bring some understanding to those who are dear to you...that they may support you and encourage you in this journey.

Blessings! BK